Friday, October 2, 2026

Some more pictures around Mesa

Random pictures around Mesa...

I saw this bird's nest on top of a cactus in a yard... I honestly think that someone (human) placed the nest there, the birds didn't build it there, as I think it would have been more tied into the top of the cactus by bird-builders than it appears to be. But... it could be a very safe place to raise your bird family if you're concerned about predators from the ground, I guess!

Our church has Wednesday lunchtime gatherings for a meal ($5/person) and a Bible study lesson from one of our pastors (Pastor Kim Bristow). It is primarily for senior adults. This picture was from a few weeks ago -- we were at this gathering at the time that a monsoon rain storm went through. We could hear the rain on the roof of the building, but didn't realize what a gusher of rain was delivered until we left and attempted to drive back home on the flooded streets!

I can't remember where I saw this, but boy, this certainly shares the challenge of getting to merge into traffic at times! If you aren't aware of the ways that the roads change, and the fact that your lane is going to suddenly disappear in the next mile or so, and so you don't start trying to merge over until the signs actually warn you that your lane is going away, sometimes it seems that the other drivers want to punish you for waiting to merge until you became aware that the lane was going away!

I get the feeling that drivers everywhere are a little less considerate than maybe they have been in the past. Maybe that is related to driving a big rig, or driving in places where I really don't know what is going to happen to my lane in the next few miles, or because I'm older and not as willing to try to squeeze my vehicle between two who aren't really being accomodating, but it seems to me that consideration towards others might be on the decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment