Saturday, February 15, 2020

Chocolate Tapioca Pudding

Many years ago, I became "addicted" to Topla Cokalada (Hot Chocolate) when we were making trips to Montenegro. Their hot chocolate was significantly thicker and richer than any hot chocolate that I have had anywhere else - I thought it was more like eating chocolate mousse that was hot than it was like drinking a beverage.

I've never been able to figure out something quite like it, but, I've been making tapioca pudding (in the microwave - very easy!) in the RV, and was thinking that putting chocolate into it would make a thick pudding that could be eaten hot... I enjoy eating the tapioca pudding hot, so making chocolate tapioca pudding should fit the bill!

I did a search on the web, and found a number of recipes - this is the one I tried this evening:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219820/chocolate-tapioca-pudding/

Oh wow! Was it ever good!

The only problem was that the directions indicated that it needed to be cooked on the stove instead of the microwave, so I did it that way for this first time - and it came out really good. We managed to wait the 20 minutes for it to cool before sampling the hot delicious rich pudding - and we even had a small amount to put into refrigerator to try tomorrow sometime as a cold option.

I think I would try doing it in the microwave the next time - I've been using the instructions on the Minute Tapioca box to make the tapioca pudding in the microwave, and I could just put the chocolate in and maybe stir it more frequently. It would be worth a try because the microwave method is significantly easier than the stovetop, in my opinion.

So... if there's anyone trying to accomplish a thick rich delicious hot chocolate pudding/drink (really a pudding for this one) - I recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment