Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Saturday - Getting my "El Fenix fix" and Groceries

I had wanted to go to El Fenix while we were in the DFW area... but the one near Lewisville has closed. When I looked at the locations, we thought that we would be closer when we were at the ILC, so we headed there for lunch on Saturday.

I suggested that Carl order "El Jefe" (https://www.elfenix.com/items/el-jefe - "3 enchiladas (cheese & onion with chile con queso, chicken with sour cream sauce, beef with chili con carne sauce), one beef tamale with ranchera sauce, one crispy beef taco, pico de gallo, rice & refried beans") and he thought it sounded good, so he ordered it... it came on two plates!

I got my favorite, Seasoned Chicken Quesadillas (the "seasoned chicken" is no longer a specific choice on the menu, but they will make it for you if you ask).

It seemed like it was less than 5 minutes before the waitress brought our order... a few minutes longer than that time, and...

... this is what Carl's two plates looked like! I think he liked it!

I enjoyed mine too, but I had a couple of sections of quesadilla to bring home with me!

In the same shopping center, there was a Winco. We needed groceries, so we decided to go there to see if we could get everything on our shopping list. We had gone to a Winco back in April, 2022, in Lancaster, CA -- I remembered it as being almost a ware-house like store, but all groceries. This seemed like a HUGE store -- and there were a LOT of people shopping there on Saturday. They have a large bulk food area that we browsed through.

Do any of my friends with bifocals do this? I wanted to see the "per ounce" information for this item that was on the bottom shelf, but there was no way that I could read it, so I took a picture so I could see it. Otherwise, I would have had to stand on my head (or do the calculation of how much per ounce in my head -- nah! that ain't happenin'!).

We are starting to think about cooking a turkey (we do love turkey leftovers!) so examined these. We got a turkey at Winco back in April of 2022 (that's how I know that we shopped there!). At that time, we had a coupon for a free turkey, but I noticed the pricing of them. I don't know whether the sign at that store was different from this one, but I thought it indicated that the turkey was $0.98 for the first pound, and then a higher cost for each additional pound (this says "Addtn'l $1.68LB") -- maybe I just misread it. This sign was more clear that you could only get the $0.98/LB for the first turkey and if you wanted to purchase more than one turkey, they would be at $1.68/LB.

We were able to get most everything on our list at Winco, and we had our bellies full from El Fenix!

No comments:

Post a Comment