Saturday, February 17, 2024

As we were out-and-about

We went out to meet a friend for lunch and saw an interesting pickup in the parking lot...

...we parked a little bit away from the Olive Garden, and saw this pretty blue pickup just across from us...

We walked over to see it better...

There was another lady driving by taking pictures too! She asked us if the pickup were ours! (We didn't point at the red Jeep behind to claim ownership of it!)

It was quite the attention-grabber!

Another day, Carl had an eye appointment and I went to the mall nearby to get a couple of things done...

I dropped him off at LensCrafters... he had a number of tests done on his eyes...

... while I went to the mall and took our rings (and my bracelets and earrings) to be cleaned at Helzberg Diamonds. We have a cleaning contract with them on seven pieces that we've purchased from them -- we take them in for cleaning at least every 6 months and they check for loose stones or catches that need to be repaired. The cleaning and the repairs are covered under the contract for no charge. I've had a couple of pieces repaired a few times -- one ring I've lost two stones from and had another stone loose that they were able to repair before I lost the stone, and they've tightened the clasp on one of my bracelets a couple of times -- so the contract has proven to be a good insurance policy for us!

Carl had suggested that I pick up half a dozen Cinnabons, but I just took a picture of the store and resisted!

Carl was able to complete his eye exam and order new lenses to go into his existing frames. He will get them in a week or so.

We end up spending so much time at the resort that we don't seem to leave very often!

No comments:

Post a Comment