Saturday, April 4, 2020

Some "interesting" vehicles and sights

I was going through pictures from the last couple of weeks, and found a few that I took to document "interesting" things we've seen... these are some vehicles we've seen:
This was parked behind the building at National Indoor RV ... let's just say that it is not similar to most of the rigs parked here...

Can you read what is written on the window?  "No brakes. driveline out."  Yikes!
We just noticed on Thursday night that it seems to be gone... I don't know whether they have in the shop now for repairs or if it was towed away...

We went out to get lunch at Pan Acean in Coppell a few days ago and noticed this Hummer parked nearby - the wheels on it looked odd to us...

A guy got in and drove it away...

Later, when I was inside picking up our order (and it had started to rain), it came back - it seemed to be the delivery vehicle. We just thought that the wheels made it look really odd, but I'm sure they are very special wheels.

A couple of days ago, a rig with a very "interesting" contraption on the back was parked by the NIRVC "valet" team next to us...

I was taking pictures through the window so I wouldn't be obvious...

Look at that hitch!

That's a lot of extensions on that hitch - and it appears that the motorcycle/toolbox lift is somehow supported on the hitch as well!

I guess he really wanted to carry his tools with him. I am pretty sure that the RV was 45' long, and then another 5-6' for the motorcycle/toolbox lift. They also had a large tow vehicle - an Avalanche, I think.
Seeing things like this make us a little concerned - it would seem that there is an awful lot of weight at the end of a very long set of combined items with that towbar. From what I researched with Miss Doozie, each additional link weakens the capacity. I hope the fellow who had this has done his research and didn't believe a salesperson who just said, "I'm sure that will work!"

Finally, we saw this rig in the parking area of NIRVC - the rig didn't catch my attention as much as the awning on the passenger side... yes, we are waiting for an awning for the passenger side, but...

This awning was also growing something!
We had stopped at Home Depot and also saw growing things, so I'll include that too, even though it isn't a vehicle:
Nice front of the Home Depot -- but... do you see something green up there on the orange roof?

Yep, quite a crop - probably some kind of tree!
At least it is interesting getting out and seeing some things!

No comments:

Post a Comment