Thursday, June 2, 2022

At Water Canyon Recreation Area

We decided to stay our maximum allowed 3 nights at Water Canyon Recreation Area.

Right where we are parked is the beginning of the Water Canyon Interpretive Trail.

We decided to walk it yesterday...

The BLM fellow was by in the morning and had run the weed-eater along the path to make it nice and clear for walking.

The only disagreeable part were these crickets or grasshoppers.

<<< whoops, sorry -- I am not having success getting the video uploaded... will have to try when we have better internet service.... I don't know whether you'll be able to see all the crickets / grasshoppers jumping as we walked...

I was looking down a lot as I walked -- I didn't want to step on the bugs, but they were all around, and I *really* didn't want one jumping onto me!

We think that they are Mormon Crickets (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_cricket).

Looking back downhill toward Gracie

Looking uphill toward Gracie

The clouds made a beautiful sunset!

We have enjoyed our two days and three nights here. Carl has gotten some projects completed. We're prepared to head out on Friday, working our way through California toward Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment