Thursday, March 4, 2021

An update for Thursday

We've spent a quiet day mostly at the hotel for Thursday. Carl is not supposed to interact with anyone from the time of his COVID test (yesterday) until his surgery on Monday. So, he ordered a pizza from Giordano's and we drove there together and I went in to get it so we could bring it back to eat. He has also been doing some paperwork and had a document that I needed to sign before a notary, so I did that at the bank while we were out too. 

I have started on our taxes... this is our first year to do a joint return with each other... while we have both used TurboTax in the past, the program only allows us to import one return from last year as the starting point for this year -- I imported the information from Dwayne's and my return from 2019 and will have to enter all of Carl's from scratch. Hopefully we'll find that we brought all the pertinent paperwork or can find it all online. At least I can get a good start on it even if I cannot get it completed.

Carl also got a call from the pre-admissions department of the hospital, and they confirmed that his COVID test came back negative, so his surgery is a "go" for Monday. The surgery is scheduled for 1pm, with check in at 11am. I can be with him before surgery and he thinks that the pre-admission person indicated there is a place in the hospital for me to wait where the doctor can find me and update me after Carl's surgery, and then I can be with him in his hospital room until 11pm. Our understanding is that Carl will be discharged on Tuesday, and, if everything is going well, we could be cleared to leave as early as Wednesday. We are thinking that Thursday would be the earliest that we would leave here. We are both a bit anxious about this whole process... so we continue to covet your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment