Saturday, April 17, 2021

Happy 100th Birthday, Mom (in heaven now...)

When I was journalling during my quiet time this morning and wrote the date, 4/17, I was reminded that today would have been my Mom's birthday - her 100th birthday.

Meanwhile, Facebook reminded me that I had blogged on the day that would have been her 95th birthday in the blog that Dwayne and I had -- I got to enjoy the pictures there -- I invite you to click over to that blog entry to see the pictures there:  https://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2016/04/happy-birthday-mom.html

Here's a picture of her and my Dad that I didn't post in the blog 5 years ago:

I have this labeled as "1940s". I think Dad has his sheriff's badge on -- and I think he was sheriff only in the early '40s. They were married on Christmas Eve, 1940.

This is a picture I recently scanned in from a box of pictures that Aunt Libby had.

Mom loved being a mother -- she and Dad were married 16 years before they got pregnant with Jimmy (having suffered a miscarriage before that).

Mom passed away in February, 2010. While we miss her (I'm sad that Carl hasn't had the opportunity to meet my Mom and Dad), we know they are fully healed and we'll join them one day in the presence of their and our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

Have you accepted Jesus as your Savior? Do you allow Him to be Lord of your life? He promises that He is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6) Earlier in that chapter, He says that He would be going to prepare a place for us who follow Him to live with Him and the Father. Hoping or wishing that living a good life will be "good enough" is denying what He has said. If you would like to chat more about what it means to worship Jesus and follow Him as Lord, to know for certain that you have a home with Him in heaven, please reach out to Carl or me - we'd love to talk with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment