Thursday, April 29, 2021

Some things...

First -- I want to say "Thank You!!!" to our faithful blog readers. We don't have hundreds of readers, but... we appreciate those of you who stick around to find out what the Williams family is doing!

Second -- I know that some of you follow this blog by email, getting an email in your inbox on days that we post an update. I really like that feature on blogs that I follow. Unfortunately, the tool (Feedburner) that I use to distribute the updates via email is going to stop providing that particular feature in July, or, that is what they have indicated. They made an announcement on April 13, and I have been looking around for a replacement, and, so far, I have found nothing. Other users of Blogger are likewise looking, and, I am watching some of their sites to see if they come up with something. I will post here on the blog if I find something different and get it implemented. I can also pull a list of the email subscribers from Feedburner and, if I implement something else, give you the option to subscribe through the new tool.

The net on this story at this point is.... if all of a sudden it appears that Carl and Patti and Miss Kitty and Gracie have been removed by the rapture or zombie apocalypse, you may want to go to the URL of the blog directly (https://journeyinamazinggrace.blogspot.com/) and see if we are still doing posts but no longer sending emails. I still have 2 months to look for a solution, but, right now, it isn't looking hopeful.

Finally, some pictures from the last couple of days....

Carl has been sad that Sweet Tomatoes closed their doors, particularly missing their Cream of Mushroom soup. I found a copycat recipe online, and, as is our custom, made it differently than the recipe was written, but, it came out really good! Tuesday was a little bit of a cooler day, so we were glad to have some soup.

Wednesday came out a bit warmer... we enjoyed sitting outside especially as long as we could be in the shade and there was a breeze blowing. You can get an idea of how close we are to the coach next to us...

We have had two open spots on the driver's side until Wednesday -- several coaches came in on Wednesday afternoon and a lot of spots have filled up.

There is more space between Gracie and the coach on her driver's side... I think because of the tree back there, they needed to park over a bit on their site.

The Las Vegas Thousand Trails is certainly not a "pretty" campground with great views, but, it is good for a campground that is in an urban area and close to shopping and places to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment