Monday, September 28, 2020

A precious comment...

We went shopping at the Kroger in Batesville on Saturday. I spent quite a bit of time in the produce section getting the various vegetables we needed. Another lady and I seemed to always be about to get the same thing, so we were often waiting for the other to finish, giving appropriate social distance. ;-)

Soon after we got into the store, I realized I had left some recipes in the Jeep that had information about additional items I wanted to get, and Carl offered to go get the recipes for me while I kept on shopping. When he came back, he looked for me, but didn't see me in the produce section, so walked over the rest of the store before returning to the produce section and finding me. He said, "I missed seeing you here (in the produce section) so I looked all over to find you."

Unbeknowst to us, the lady that was shopping for so many similar things to me overheard him. A couple of minutes later, we were again about to pick items from the same area, and Carl was with me. She asked if we were married, and we confirmed that we were. She said that she had heard him say that he had been looking all over to find me, and she thought, "Wow, what I wouldn't give to have a man who would say that to me!" She thought that maybe we had known each other in the distant past and had just found each other again there in the Kroger.

While that wasn't the case exactly, we are so thankful that we found each other after losing Sue and Dwayne... and it was a good reminder to continue (as we have been) cherishing each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment