Thursday, September 3, 2020

Carl's cataract surgery is completed!

One of our major goals while in the Chicagoland area was for Carl to have cataract surgery on his left eye. He had had cataract surgery on his right eye 8 years ago, and he had been noticing that his sight was getting worse in his left eye over the past couple of years, so, he was able to get it scheduled during the time we were here. Today was the scheduled surgery.

I drove him to St Charles for a 7am checkin at the surgery center. I was able to watch him in the waiting area for a little while, but eventually they took him back further in the center and I headed back to Gracie to wait.

He sent me a picture when he was all ready for surgery.

A couple of hours later, Dr King called me and said that the surgery had gone well and that Carl would be ready for me to pick up in about 20 minutes. Since I was about 30 minutes away, I jumped in the Jeep and headed back.

He has a protective shield over the eye to keep any foreign objects from getting into it (he says it really itches, so I guess one foreign object that is prevented from entering would be his finger!).

They also gave him good sunglasses as his eye was dilated and quite sensitive to sun.

He is back home at Gracie and we plan a quiet day. He will return to see Dr King tomorrow when hopefully the protective shield will be removed. He does not have any major restrictions on what he can do at this point. The eye has a lot of ointment in it so Carl cannot see clearly through it - Dr King said that may clear up some overnight as his body absorbs it.

Thank you for your prayers for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment