Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Spider

I posted a couple of weeks ago a set of random pictures, and in them was a picture of the spider who had taken up residence with us on the driver's door/mirror of the Jeep. (https://journeyinamazinggrace.blogspot.com/2020/09/random-pictures.html

When I drove back to the campground a couple of days ago (in the daytime), he was out working on his web even as I drove the Jeep into the campground (I think he may have been taking down part of his web, maybe he had some food stored and was taking it back into his hidey hole in the mirror).

Navigating the web --

... on his way to the mirror...


It is really hard to see him...

... but he is there in the corner of the mirror...

If you are freaking out that we've been letting a spider live on the outside of our vehicle, I have to admit that we were about done with him too. I honestly did not expect him to live this long, and as time went on, I was a little concerned that he (or she) may lay eggs (ala Charlotte in "Charlotte's Web") and that the babies might not be content with staying on the outside of the Jeep... but... I wasn't able to kill him, so, after moving to Big Rock on Wednesday, when he came out in the evening, we re-located him to the nearby woods with the assistance of a piece of firewood. We're hoping that he didn't have a filament of thread back to the Jeep as a homing device! I'll report here in the blog if he reappears!

No comments:

Post a Comment