Monday, January 18, 2021

Sunday - moving south

On Sunday, we enjoyed worship and lunch with the Christian Fellowship group, and then moved south to join the Ham-Pause (normally Ham-Fest) group. 

Before leaving, we got help from a couple of friends at the Christian Fellowship group to get a new wire made for our solar hookup:

Steve had the gauge wire we thought we needed...

... and David had the ends and the crimping tool.

On our way to the camping location of the Ham radio group, we passed the Big Tent:



then we stopped off at La Posa South and registered so we could use the dump and water. We dumped and put on fresh water.

I didn't take pictures of our new location yet, but I did get a couple of pictures of the Jeep after it was dragged along behind Gracie on some *very* dusty roads:



It looks like it is no longer red!

We are in town (Quartzsite) now... I could not get a good enough internet signal to post from the location of the Ham radio group, so I may be limited on my ability to post over the next few days... I brought the laptop with us and am using a connection off my phone and it is working well!

We had signed up to participate with the Blue Bird group for the Prime Rib night, which would be Tuesday, but... it is predicted to rain on Tuesday, so it got moved to tonight (Monday). The Ham radio group that Carl belongs to in Mesa is planning some sort of get-together on Wednesday. We plan to visit some of the shops outside the big tent, and maybe take a pass through the big tent sometime this week. If I get any internet, I'll try to post, but... otherwise, we may be silent for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment