Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Continuing South

As we were coming to the Hinnant Family Vineyards on Wednesday, we had noticed a disparity in some of the housing nearby... most of the houses were rather modest,

but then there was this big house set off in a field by itself...

... across the road from the big house.

Another view of the big house.

The big house was the oddity - really everything else in the area was small and non-showy.

Further along I-95 - my friend, Lisa, had told me that the trees still had pretty fall colors in North Carolina, and we found that to be the case.

We stopped for fuel at a truck stop soon after entering South Carolina, and had thought we might stop there or at a rest area to eat our lunch, but the truck stop did not have any parking places that we could get into (they all required backing up which we cannot do with the Jeep attached). So we decided to drive on to the rest area. However, soon after we got back onto I-95 south, we started seeing signs for Buc-ee's!

So, we made the decision to stop at Buc-ee's for lunch!

It was a new Buc-ee's (about 6 months since it opened)...

... lots of folks there! Lots of lunch options!

A selfie outside... I got a new hat there as I seem to have misplaced / lost the straw hat that I have had for many years.

Gracie and the Jee-rage at Buc-ee's

No comments:

Post a Comment