Thursday, May 25, 2023

Further north

On Tuesday, we left Mt Desert Island and continued further north in Maine.

We were heading toward Calais, Maine -- some windmills we saw along the way.

We made one last stop for diesel just outside of Calais, and also filled up our DEF container. Both will be more expensive in Canada.

We parked Tuesday night at Walmart in Calais. They have a parking area that, I think, used to be used for outside storage of their lawn and garden area, but now is the parking where they requested that we park. It was nice because it was away from the store and there weren't many cars driving through.

When we got to Calais, my phone immediately told me that it had charged me $5 for the day's use in Canada (we were very near the border, but had not crossed). I worked with Verizon to get that reversed and to get my phone set up so I won't be charged automatically.

The Verizon service in this part of Maine was pretty poor, so Carl put the Starlink dish up.

We were right next to some trees - but they were not in the direction that "Dishy McFlatface" wanted to point, so we had good service -- probably the best service we've had so far with Starlink!

We stocked up on groceries before heading into Canada. We're off on Wednesday morning for about 2 months in Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment