Sunday, September 5, 2021

Friday and fall plans

I had mentioned a few days ago (https://journeyinamazinggrace.blogspot.com/2021/08/back-to-illinois.html) that I needed a root canal and was hoping it would get completed during this last week while we were in the Elgin area. The endodontist saw me on Tuesday, based on my symptoms concurred with my dentist that a root canal was needed, and scheduled it for Friday. It all went well -- never comfortable, but the task got done. He said when he got into the tooth that there was a lot of infection in there so that was what was causing me pain. My left side of my mouth was numb for a lot of the day, but by evening, that had all worn off, and I was not having much pain. The endodontist called me on Saturday morning, and I was pleased to tell him that I was able to rinse my teeth with relatively cool water on Friday night without setting off the sensitivity on that side of my mouth -- it has been *years* since that has been the case. I am so grateful!

We plan to leave the Elgin area on Tuesday on our way to the family farm in Virginia -- it could be a 3 day trip, but we'll be taking about 6 weeks, because, well, because we can!

This is the rough plan:

We are looking forward to seeing friends and family along the way - if you are along the way and up for a visit, let us know! We may be able to detour and see you!

After we leave Virginia, our rough plan is:

Again... if you are along the way and up for a visit, let us know! We may be able to detour and see you!

Our plans are always cast in gelatin (not concrete) and likely to change, but... those are the current plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment