Thursday, June 4, 2020

New markets

When we were out in the Mechanicsville area recently, we saw a sign from the Giambanco family thanking the community for their support during this time. I was impressed that they would put a sign out so we looked up the restaurant online - they had quite an extensive menu, so we called and ordered lunch.

When I went in to pick up our order, I was the only one in there, but there were tables set up for various delivery services to pick up orders:

UberEats and DoorDash...

GrubHub ...

... and, I guess if we had used their app rather than calling in our order, there was a table for those orders too!

I wonder if this (and other small) restaurants had been using the services of these meal delivery folks previously or not... and how much business the delivery services drive for them. I am not certain of what the funding model looks like for the delivery services, we've never used them.

No comments:

Post a Comment