Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Masks

We had been making do with paper masks for a long time, but when we were in Texas, we thought we might as well "invest" in cloth ones (Miss Kitty was modeling one of the gaiters we purchased in this post: https://journeyinamazinggrace.blogspot.com/2020/11/from-wednesday.html). We have not been happy with the gaiters (they are hot), but Carl got a couple of black masks and I got a black one with a small pink outline of the state of Texas and a heart on it that we have found to be satisfactory. We decided that we should wash them every time we do laundry... but after finishing laundry earlier this week, I couldn't find my mask.

I figured it would eventually show up -- there was a lot of static electricity in the clothes coming out of the dryer and I figured it was stuck onto something else. I went back to using the paper masks (and realized how comfortable the cloth mask I've been using is!).

So, while at Walmart a couple of days ago, I looked for the same kind of masks that we had bought at the Walmart in Texas. They had a display of kids masks (both cloth and paper), but I couldn't find adult masks at the Walmart we were in at all, except...

... create your-own-design masks!

I had wondered how long it would be until clothing came packaged with a matching mask... but I hadn't thought about being able to print your own design on a mask.

Meanwhile, today (Wednesday) as we were out, I put my hand down into my big bag that has lots and lots of stuff (really important stuff) in it... and there was my black-with-pink-Texas-outline mask right on top... I *know* I have searched the bag before. Oh well, I guess the mask did not get washed after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment