Monday, October 3, 2022

Did you know?

I recently saw this posted on Facebook... I didn't know most of these:

Some notes -- just because it was on Facebook doesn't make it true! (really?!?!?) -- so I looked up the words on the internet looking for other sources that gave similar definitions:

(11) - I couldn't really find independent verification for "agraffe" being the wired cage over the cork for champagne -- it was in wikidictionary, but I didn't find it in other dictionaries.

(13) - I think interrobang is actually referring to a character that I've not seen before: (‽), not to the two characters printed next to each other (like I did in my paragraph above!). I did know that the exclamation point is often referred to (amongst computer people) as "bang". 

(16) Carl thinks he has dysania.

I only knew "tines" and "tittle" before reading this!

Now... if you learned a new word - try using it in casual conversation and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment