Thursday, July 13, 2023

Bike riding around Cavendish

Monday was predicted to be a nice day so we decided to take a bike ride on some of the trails we had seen on the information sign at Cavendish Beach.

Again, nice fine gravel hard-packed trails.

We saw quite a bit more evidence of the storm damage...

... trees down...

... some uprooted.

I think in many areas the plan is to let the trees decay and replenish the ground, as they would naturally!

Dunelands trail...

... went across a floating boardwalk (I elected to walk my bike as it was quite rough!).

We then got onto a trail toward Cape Turner -- right along a road, but the road was not busy at all.

Some neat formations along the coast

We had stopped at this location and Carl walked out a little ways to take pictures along the coast...

... quite a bit of erosion - possibly from Fiona.

Carl's odometer was near a milestone so we rode around a little more in the campground until he reached it...

With the Gulf of St Lawrence behind him...

... 500 miles on his Lectric bike!

I've had to have my LED display replaced (twice), and the odometer has set to zero each time... I know Carl has ridden his bike further than I have, but no way to know exactly how many miles I've ridden.

No comments:

Post a Comment