Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Last day at Chehalis

Sunday was our last day at Chehalis...

One of our neighbors gave us a HUGE zucchini. I figured that I could use it for zucchini bread (in my opinion, extra large vegetables are not usually very good as veggies -- same with fruit). Carl decided to see if Miss Kitty would be scared by it (have you seen the videos of cats being scared by cucumbers? here is a compilation on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBrZsgy4-SQ). Miss Kitty is pretty chill -- she slept against it, and later balanced a foot on it while washing, but otherwise pretty much ignored it.

I made zucchini bread on Sunday afternoon. I couldn't find the recipe I've used in the past, so I just got one off of the internet. It came out more as very nutty bread with the moisture added by zucchini, but it is okay. I only used a very small part of the zucchini, but I've read that I can shred it and put it in the freezer in the measures that I need for my recipe, and it will work for baking later on; I hope to get that completed in the next few days. I froze all but one of the loaves of zucchini bread that I made too!

A picture of our site, C-12, at Chehalis. It may look pretty level, but it was not! Gracie's back end was way low when parked in the site, and we had to put chocks at the front wheels and use her hydraulic jacks to raise her up a long ways in the back. We liked the area of the campground though. Unfortunately, most of the sites at Chehalis are not level.

We headed out from Chehalis on Monday -- more tomorrow on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment