Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Goodie get-together and a found hat!

On Saturday, we had been invited to a block party (cookies, goodies, and coffee) just down our block...

Two couples who live near the other end of our block were hosting, but it was actually held on an RV site lot which is not currently in use! It was nice to have such a big area in which to gather!

Lots of goodies!

We got to visit with a number of neighbors that we had not yet been able to meet!

Later in the morning, we took a walk around the resort to burn off some of our goodie-consumption...

...  I took a selfie of me in my hat... you may notice that it looks a wee bit smashed... there's a story!

I thought I had lost this hat - I had, in fact, gotten another hat last fall, having given up ever finding my hat -- there are really not that many places where a hat could be hidden within the rig, so I figured I had left it somewhere and it was permanently gone. But, when we were taking our old bed apart back on Thursday, we pulled the mattress cover off the old mattress, and all of a sudden, my hat appeared! We figured that, when we were putting the cover on the old mattress last fall, somehow the hat got caught up into the cover and ended up under the mattress. It was pretty smashed, but still wearable, and I figure that eventually it will unsmash! I'm so happy to have my old hat back!

No comments:

Post a Comment