Saturday, August 21, 2021

Getting some things done

I am working on the scanning task --

I can definitely see progress, but... there's still a ways to go!

The software that Carl tested out and purchased, ScanSpeeder Pro (https://journeyinamazinggrace.blogspot.com/2020/10/scanning.html), is definitely a help -- I can put multiple photos on the scanner bed and it almost always recognizes the multiple pictures and separates them into different files. I then can put any captions on the pictures (copying information that may be on the back of the pictures).

We have kept the large multi-function printer/scanner/fax/copier machine that Dwayne and I had to accomplish this task -- it is large enough that I can usually get at least 5 pictures at a time on the scanning bed.

I also had the opportunity to chat with my Aunt Mary -- she is my last remaining aunt, the wife of my Dad's brother, Jim. She turned 100(!!!) in March! She lives in Arlington Heights, not far from where we are, but we tried a Google Meet meeting.

I'm not sure that she ever exactly knew who I was, but she told me that she was very glad to meet me!

It is good to make progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment