Friday, September 1, 2023

Far western suburbs of Chicago

On Wednesday, after "bustin' out" of the mothership, we headed toward the "far western suburbs of Chicago". Before knowing Carl, I had never heard of the term "far western suburbs of Chicago", but, it is critical to differentiate where we are located from "Chicago" proper! We have stopped at Paul Wolff Campground near Elgin, Illinois, for a few weeks in this area -- at most 2 weeks at Paul Wolff, but we'll be in the area, we think, until September 24.

Thursday found us at various and assorted doctor appointments... we both got blood drawn for labwork, Carl had a stress test, 

... and you may be able to guess where I went from my picture of this machine -- at the ophthalmologist.

Note: I had to use spellcheck to spell ophthalmologist -- it has at least two more letters than I pronounce when I say it (the first "h" and the first "l"). 

Last year when we were in the Chicagoland area, I had a stye on my eyelid and my new Chicago-area primary care physician gave me a referral to an ophthalmologist. I had been seeing an optometrist in Texas, but because both my mom and my dad had Macular Degeneration, I had been thinking that I would like to start having care from an ophthalmologist (even if I don't know how to spell their practice name!). Interestingly, my medical insurance covers for the ophthalmologist (except for my co-pay) while I would use vision insurance to pay for my optometrist. I don't know how this might change next year when I get to join Medicare. Anyway, I got a clean checkup this time, and no changes to my vision prescription, so that is checked off for another year!

We have a number of tests and doctor appointments scheduled for our time here... since we have just one vehicle, it takes a bit of planning and coordination to get all the things done that we want to get accomplished while here, but, we're happy to be able to get each the things checked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment