Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Sower week 3 - Monday

Our last week on the SOWER project -- lots of tasks to get completed!

We needed to seal the grout on the Crazy Quilt Table Tiling Project... so we applied the sealer...

... and then used a wet cloth to wipe it after about 5 minutes. (I helped too! I didn't leave the whole task to Becky!)

Others were moving the table and benches up to their planned location on Monday - so we left as the ROAMer guys started taking the bases to the new location.

Some of the ROAMer guys were up at the location in front of the Big Oak Inn determining where the table and benches were to be set.

Meanwhile, Becky and I, along with a couple of other ladies, got re-assigned to clean out an upstairs staff apartment. This was the living room...

... kitchen -- Helen and Becky are cleaning...

Bedroom #1

Bedroom #2 -- I spent most of my time in this room scrubbing the floor. It had a sticky substance on it; I used 3 different cleaners before it finally felt un-sticky!

Roamer Helen cleaning cabinets in the kitchen.

After the ladies finished work for the day, I took some pictures as the ROAMer guys were placing the table and benches...

... they dug a hole and placed concrete bricks below ground level...

... making sure they were all nice and level. Great job, guys!

Becky, Gwen, and I went for a walk in the afternoon...

... we stopped by the project where our guys were working -- it appears that group leader, Bill, is saying, "No photographs of my team while they are working!" -- I obviously ignored him!

Carl is screwing down the subfloor that is replacing the part that was damaged by the flooding from the showers...

"Is this picture staged? Nah!!!"

Dave and DJ and Wes are working on the door frame.

Nate is sealing around the drain in the shower...

"It's not going to leak anymore!"

As we were on our walk, we visited several of the motel and dorm units around the campus...

This was a painting in one of the motel rooms -- I really liked it! Carl says it looks like the Amazon smile!

Another motel room had a neat retro-looking refrigerator!

Becky and Gwen looking like toddlers in the big Adirondack chair down by the lake.

Meanwhile, the guys were still working -- DJ working on the door frame...

DJ and Wes cutting pieces for the door frame...

DJ telling me that I could help if I would stop taking pictures and instead pick up some pieces that had fallen on the ground! (I did pick them up after taking the pictures.)

A map showing the current facility and future plans. Right now, the RV park is near the center on the left; the plan is to move it to the other side of the campus.

By the end of the day, the table and benches were in their new location...

... ready for us to finish painting and other final details!

Our project tasks are coming to the finish line! We're excited to see completed work this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment